People who are suffering from diabetes, higher blood sugar, higher harm your teeth, this kind of people are having more damage dental problems like cavities, losing tooth and etc, they are more likely to have infections of their gums and the bones that hold their teeth in place because effects of diabetes on teeth can reduce the blood supply to the gums, diabetes and tooth decay may not be cured but never give up.
Gingivitis is a common and mild form of gum disease that causes irritation, bright redness and swelling of your gingival, the part of your gum around the base of your teeth.
SYMPTOMS: Red Swollen & Bleeding Gums, Bad Breath
TREATMENT: Daily Brushing, Flossing & Regular Cleaning at the Dentist
Periodontitis is a severe gum infection that can lead to tooth loss and other serious health complications, this is also known as gum disease. One of the reasons for having this is a weak immune system, you should be healthy & fight your germs.
SYMPTOMS: Bright Red, Dusky Red or Purplish Gums Swollen or Puffy Gums, Easy to Bleed
TREATMENT: Take Medicine Doctor Prescribe, Gum Surgery in Severe Cases and Follow Basic Dental Routine
The growth of a naturally occurring fungus that the body is unable to control, thrush happens when a yeast infection develops inside your mouth. This is also known as oral candidiasis, oropharyngeal candidiasis, or simply thrush.
SYMPTOMS: Bad Taste Buds, Difficulty in Swallowing, Soreness
TREATMENT: Follow Strict Medical Routine, Clean Dentures, Try to Include Yogurt, Lemon, Ginger in Your Diet or Use Antibiotics in Chronic Disease
This disease make patient’s mouth dry , these diseases mostly have old age or diabetes patients. The reason for dry mouth is that the mouth doesn’t produce more saliva to moist your mouth. much saliva less, much healthy teeth.
SYMPTOMS: Dry Feeling, Rough Tongue, Difficulty in Chewing, Eating, Talking & Swallowing
TREATMENT: Drink Water Frequently, Take Proper Medications, Using Sugarless Gum for Increasing Saliva.
HOW CAN YOU STAY AWAY FROM THIS DISEASE?
Simple ways of how you can keep your mouth healthy
- The first basic aim of brushing teeth in the morning is before going to bed and after, follow a brushing routine twice of day
- Eat healthy meals, follow your routine prescribe by a doctor or dietician
- Change your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months
- Maintain the temperature of blood sugar as close to your goals
- Follow dental hygiene used dental floss to clean your mouth
- Incase if you wear dentures keep them clean
- Contact your doctor if you notice any changes in your health
DENTAL CARE FOR DIABETIC PATIENTS
We heard that there is no any cure but why to lose hope follow the precaution given below and share someone who is having problems with diabetes and dental health
- Avoid as much as possible food that contains high sugar to keep your blood level in control.
- Remember to use a soft brush & use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Follow healthy fitness routine exercise daily at least 30 to 60 minutes, walk an hour, join the dancing, Zumba, aerobics, or yoga class.
- Contact the dentist & don’t forget to tell them you are diabetic patients and follow a strict medication
- if you are having a sugar craving go for no sugar, natural stevia products & they will not harm you