Over the years Stevia is growing its popularity as a plant-based and calorie-free sugar alternative. Many people prefer using stevia in their food because it is a plant-based product. It also contains no to a very little amount of carbs, so it doesn’t spike the blood sugar levels. Those reasons are making stevia popular among people with diabetes and also amongst the people who want to manage their weight.
What Is Stevia?
Stevia is the best sugar alternative collected from the leaves of the Stevia plants. It contains Steviol glycosides, which make stevia 200-300 times sweeter than the normal sugar.
How it is made?
The steviol glycosides present in the leaves make stevia sweeter. Beginning from the drying of the leaves it takes some step to make it.
- Dry leaves are steeped in the water.
- Leaf particles are separated from the liquid.
- The liquid is treated with activated carbon. It removes additional organic matter.
- The liquid goes through an ion-exchange treatment. This process removes minerals and
- Remain glycosides are concentrated into the resin.
- Lastly, remain concentrated stevia leaf extract dried and ready to be consumed as a
Nutrition Value of Stevia
- It is calorie and carb-free.
- It is much sweeter than regular sugar. So using a small amount means no calories and no carbs.
- It contains various vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of Stevia
- Stevia doesn’t have any calories and carbs. So using it as a substitute for sugar can be helpful in Weight Management.
- It is suitable for people with diabetes. According to the researchers, stevia doesn’t increase carbohydrates and calories in any diet. It also doesn’t affect insulin or blood sugar level. So it can be concluded with the diet of anyone with diabetes.
- Many research shows stevia can control blood pressure in the body. Cardiotonic action of stevia can bring the blood pressure normal to a reasonable level. So it is very helpful for people with mild hypertension.
- Stevia is a completely safe product. There is no risk of an allergic reaction as well.
STEVIA AND WEIGHT LOSS
Gaining weight is very easy but weight loss needs lots of things. Among the lots of things, the main thing You will need is a proper diet with no sugar or no calories. But for people with sweet tooths it is very difficult to avoid sugar. Hence, stevia comes with lots of benefits for weight management.
How does Stevia help In Weight Loss?
Here are some points of stevia that comes helpful for weight loss
- As we mentioned before Stevia contains no carb and no calories and also it is a plant-based product. And for weight loss, it is mandatory to decrease the limit of carbs and calories from your daily diet plan. So by taking stevia you can control your carb and calorie limits properly.
- Sugar is not allowed when you are trying to lose weight. But quitting sugar is very difficult for many people. But you can use stevia as a sugar alternative any day. It is 150-300 times sweeter than normal sugar. So you will need a very little amount of it to make anything sweet. That way you end up using a very little amount of it and that can be also helpful for weight management.
Remember stevia may help you to manage your weight but it is not a magic bullet for weight loss. In this article, we discussed everything you need to know about stevia and how it helps to manage weight.