If you have Type-1 diabetes, your body doesn’t make insulin or make a very little amount of insulin. Insulin helps blood sugar to enter a body’s cells where it will be used for making energy. Without insulin, blood sugar can’t get into those cells. High blood sugar can damage your body and can make many complications of diabetes as well.
Type-1 diabetes is mainly diagnosed in children and young ages. But it also can develop at any age.
- WHAT REASONS CAUSES TYPE-1 DIABETES?
It is caused by an autoimmune reaction. In this reaction, the body attacks itself and destroys the cell in the pancreas which are responsible for making insulin. This process can take months or years before any symptoms appear. Also, it can happen for certain genes in the human body. Virus, diet and lifestyle are also can develop type-1 diabetes.
- SYMPTOMS OF TYPE-1 DIABETES
Symptoms of type-1 diabetes can take months or years to appear. When symptoms appear, they can be severe at times.
In some cases, some symptoms of type-1 diabetes are the same symptoms of other health problems. If you think you have a chance of having type-1 diabetes then see a doctor right away. Because untreated diabetes can be very serious and even fatal also.
Many factors for type-1 diabetes are not predictable and clear till now.
- HOW TO TEST FOR TYPE-1 DIABETES?
A simple blood test will let you know if you are having diabetes or not. If you have gotten your blood sugar test, you should follow up with your doctor for an accurate result. If doctors think you have type-1 diabetes then you will have to do an antibodies test. Because that will determine whether you have type-1 diabetes or type-2 diabetes.
- HOW TO MANAGE DIABETES?
Diabetes are mostly managed by you and your support with doctor. Managing diabetes can be very challenging but you have to do it for your health.
- For type-1 diabetes, you will need to take insulin shots or you have to wear an insulin pump every single day to manage your blood sugar level. From this, you will get the proper energy your body needs. Insulin cannot be taken as a pill, so you have to work and figure out other details and dosage of insulin with your doctor.
- You have to check your blood sugar regularly. Ask your doctor about it. Always keep your blood sugar level as close to the targeted mark as possible. Don’t delay your treatment because it can make many complications in your body.
- Stress is also responsible for diabetes. Regular physical exercise, getting proper sleep, and getting proper relaxation is very important for your health. Ask your doctor about it and find ways to manage stress.
Here are some healthy lifestyle habits, which are very important for your health :
- Always choose healthy foods.
- Always keep your body active.
- Control your blood pressure level.
- Control your cholesterol level.
Make a regular appointment with your doctor to track your health record.
Here are some tips you can follow if you have TYPE-1 diabetes or have had it for some times –
- Test your blood sugar and keep all the result for tracking
- Develop and stick to a healthy food plan
- Take insulin by yourself with a syringe, pen, or pump
- Manage your stress with the help of good exercise or yoga.
Here we mentioned everything you need to know about type-1 diabetes and symptoms of type-1 diabetes. Diabetic patients can satisfy their cravings of sweetness in their meals & beverages by using natural stevia sweeteners.