Stevia is gaining attention as a calorie-free, plant-based sugar substitute. Since it is harvested from a plant instead of manufactured in a factory, many consumers prefer it.
It also includes little or no carbohydrates and does not trigger a sudden increase in blood sugar, making it common with diabetes and others with low blood sugar regulation.
Though stevia leaves contain a range of vitamins and minerals, many of them are missed when the plant is transformed into a sweetener, as per reliable sources. Additionally, since certain stevia products contain extra ingredients, nutritional content can differ.
What are Stevia extracts?
Stevia rebaudiana is a zero-calorie preservative obtained from the leaves of the stevia plant. Some producers remove rebaudioside A from the leaves and combine it with sugar compounds or additives to produce the final stevia products. In that case, Sugar Fighter is safe to use because it provides 100% safe and organic Stevia products.
Stevia extract is used in all other stevia goods. In this case, since stevia leaf extract is 150–400 times sweeter than Sugar, you would need a lot less of it when you replace it.
Stevia has risen to prominence among calorie-free substitute Natural sweeteners due to the fact that it is derived from a plant and hence considered pure.
Natural v/s Artificial sweeteners
Stevia, for example, is a natural sweetener derived from the Stevia fruit. These sweeteners are made with a few refining methods, making them the finest sugar substitutes available to customers today. Moreover, Stevia-based sweeteners have no calories and maintain a stable blood sugar level in the bloodstream.
On the other hand, artificial sweeteners tend to have no calories, but all of them have been found to be unhealthy and have harmful effects on human health. Scientists and nutrition experts have studied artificial sweeteners to see how they affect human being.
Health effects of natural v/s artificial sweeteners
Stevia is a natural substance made from the leaves of the Stevia plant. These leaves have a natural sweetness to them that can be used in fluid or powder form. Diabetics patients also use stevia without caring about their blood sugar levels or calorie consumption(because it doesn’t contain any!)
Artificial sweeteners such as processed white Sugar, sucralose, and aspartame have also been shown to have a harmful impact on our bodies after intake. Eating added sugars, for example, will contribute to obesity and insulin resistance.
Similarly, aspartame produces formaldehyde in the body when mixed with food colors, which can be harmful to brain cells. Sucralose is also a heavily processed sugar substitute for which chlorine, and among other additives, is being used in manufacturing.
- Made up from plants which makes it organic.
- Helpful in weight loss.
- Preferable for diabetes patients.
- Helps in many harmful diseases like pancreatic cancer, type 2 diabetes, etc.
- It contains 0 calories, and it is 100% safe to use.
- It is 100 to 300% sweeter than ordinary Sugar.
- Made up in factories which makes it harmful to consume on a daily basis.
- It aids in weight gain.
- Not at all preferable for diabetics patients.
- Artificial Sugar will not help in the prevention of harmful diseases.
- Artificial sweeteners contain 100% carbs, and for a quick nutrition fact – There are 387 calories in 100 grams of Sugar.
- It offers moderate sweetness as compared to Stevia sweeteners.
Stevia Nutrition facts
- Stevia does not contain any fats.
- It contains tons of minerals and proteins.
- One research showed that taking 500 milligrams (mg) of stevia three times per day for two years resulted in no major negative side effects.
- The US Food and Drug Administration approved the use of stevia extract as a food additive in 2008, following research tests by many major food corporations (including Coca-Cola and PepsiCo) found it to be “generally accepted as healthy,” or GRAS.
- There is currently no convincing proof that rebaudioside A is harmful to humans.
The bottom line
Many suppliers in the market are using artificial additives in the name of stevia, which proved to be harmful to the human body. But, Sugar Fighter – the largest stevia manufacturers in India, offers 100% organic stevia products to its customers without any harmful elements in it.
So, if you are looking to switch from artificial to natural ones, this is the right time. At the same time, if you are looking for the safest supplier of Stevia natural sweeteners, Sugar fighter is the answer. So, without any further delay, place your order now!